Danielle tagged me with a meme that you are supposed to start off with, “How was I supposed to know”. This actually fits in well with where I was planning on going with my post today.
How was I supposed to know that drinking too much alcohol would be a bad bad thing? It seems like a question that shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. In all honesty, I was supposed to know because people told me. Unfortunately, I have never been one to pay too much attention to what I am told.
Given that, I should have known early on in life due to personal experiences. The first one was at the tended age of 3 I drank too much alcohol and acted a damn fool. It wasn’t the fault of my parents. They didn’t give it to me or anything. I just saw it and knew grown-ups drank it and I wanted to be grown up. So my friend and I drank some wine that was left in the cups of adults. We also wanted to drink coffee because that was something else grown-ups drank. Our coffee consisted of water in my plastic tea cups and brown marker for color. I don’t think it was very tasty. We then wanted to be mummies. Grown-ups aren’t mummies but it seemed like fun. We were discovered wrapped in toilet paper stumbling like fools.
I was reminded of this incident when I read that a two year old was served a margarita in a sippy cup at some restaurant. The parent noticed when the child started pushing away their apple juice and acting strange. She opened the cup only to find margarita. The kid got all sick. I would have been so pissed if I was that lady. It is one thing for your kid to take it upon themselves to drink. Another if someone forces it on them. What a stupid that bartender was. Who ever orders margaritas in sippy cups?
Another time, I thought I was drinking this sip of apple juice left on the counter by a family friend (I know, gross) but I just needed a sip to take some allergy medicine. It was scotch. It was disgusting. After these experiences, why did I want to drink? Why has it taken me to the ripe old age of 28 to be able to know when I should stop drinking? All I’m saying is that I should have known.
1. Well my name is Young MC and I’m cold rockin the house/ I came up into the place and now I’m turning it out
2. Whatever you want from me/ whatever you want I’ll do/ I’d try to squeeze a drop of blood/ From a sugar cube. Sugarcube, Yo La Tengo. Identified by The Doc.
3. Today is the greatest/ Day I’ve ever known/ Can’t live for tomorrow/ Tomorrow’s much too long. Today, The Smashing Pumpkins. Identified by The Doc.
4. When I look out my window/ many sights to see/ And when I look in my window/ So many different people to be. Season of the Witch, Donovan. Identified by, Brooke.
5. Father I/ Killed my monkey I/ Let it out to/ Taste the sweet of spring. Bliss, Tori Amos. Identified by, Brooke.