About a month and a half ago one of our clown loaches disappeared, it was our bigger one named Bunsen. At first we took little notice because the species tends to hide a lot and that particular fish was no exception. Beaker, the smaller loach, hid a lot less and was always more outgoing. They both spend a lot of time in a little plastic rock cave thing and we figured the big one was just hiding in there. As time went by, we were a little curious as to why we hadn’t seen Bunsen but as they are nocturnal and hiders we just figured we missed it.
About a month later, neither Tony nor I had seen Bunsen. We hadn’t seen it come out to eat we hadn’t seen its tail when peering into the cave Bunsen was gone. We figured it swam up inside the little rock and maybe got stuck and died. Strangely though, there was no body. We have many scavenger fish, two catfish species (Maybe and Mr. Snodgrass), a flying fox (Jet Screamer), and Beaker. However, none of the fish seemed like the type that could eat an entire fish without us knowing. The only possible culprit was Beaker. If Bunsen had died in the cave Beaker was the only other one that went in there. It would have been a really big meal for Beaker though. Of course we had cleaned the tank while Bunsen was missing and had moved the little cave thing we didn’t see him. When we decided he must be dead, we did another tank cleaning and even took the rock out of the tank and shook it out over the toilet to try and get a body (or whatever was left of a body) out. Nothing came out and we saw nothing in the rock. We chalked it up to mystery.
Today, while watching TV, I saw a glimmer in the rock out of the corner of my eye. Beaker was swimming around and the rest of our fish don’t go in the rock. I told Tony I thought I saw Bunsen. He told me I was seeing things. But then he poked his head out of the cave. Tony saw it too it wasn’t just me. Then he came out and swam. The thing was just fine. We don’t know where he was, we don’t know how he got back in the cave, (if he ever left), we just know he is alive and well. I looked online and saw nothing about loaches hiding for that long. It’s a total mystery.
I'm leaving for that LGBTQ youth in DCFS conference in the morning so I will be absent until Thursday. Here are some tunes to remember me by.
1. Cars and girls are easy come by in this day and age,Laughing, joking, drinking, smoking,till I've spent my wage.
2. A pretty girl is like a minstrel show It makes you laugh It makes you cry You go
3. The world is spinning too fast I'm buying lead Nike shoes to keep myself tethered to the days I try to lose. 19-2000, Gorillaz. Identified by, Shadow Falcon
4. lying on the floor four stories high in the corridor between the asphalt and the sky I am caught like bottled water, the light daughter. Work Your Way Out, Ani DiFranco. Identified by Brooke.
5. I met him in a swamp down in dagoba where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda. Yoda, Weird Al. Identified by Mom.