This is probably the simplest and easiest to prepare meal ever to grace the pages of Foodie Friday. It also happens to be incredibly delicious and incredibly low in calories.
-1 Spaghetti Squash
-2 roma tomatoes diced
-1tbsp olive oil
-2 cloves garlic pressed
-1tsp dried oregano
-¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
-Salt and pepper
-Parmesan or mozzarella cheese if desired
-Poke 5-7 holes in the squash making sure you have holes on all sides, otherwise it will explode slightly
-Put squash on a plate and place in the microwave. Microwave for about 4min per pound f squash or until skin is nice and supple. Let squash cool for at least five minutes before cutting.
-Put tomato in a bowl. Add oregano and garlic. Add a dash of salt and a smidge of pepper shake it around
-When the squash has cooled heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat
-Cut squash in half and remove the seeds. Then scrape a fork through the squash flesh lengthwise to produce long spaghetti-like strands you can scrape right up to the edge with these things.
-Toss squash with tomato mixture
-Dump it all in the pan and cook for about one minute stirring frequently
-Garnish with fresh basil and some parmesan or mozzarella cheese if so desired
1. What if the show didn’t go on/ What if we all got jobs and got to bed before dawn/ What if Old Joe had to retire/ What if all the stagehands were let go or fired.
2. You’ve taken the fun/ Out of everything/ Making me run/ When I don’t want to think
3. Every night/ Out for love/ Get my strength from the man above/ God of pistol/ God of steel/ God is here behind my wheel
4. I said oh/ I got this feeling and it's deep in my body/ it gives me wiggles and it makes my rump shake/ I said oh
5. I can’t believe that I’m writing this down and/ I can’t believe I’ve got you in a song/ I don’t want to be a whining girl/ Rather not be in your world.