Wednesday, August 01, 2007

5 RANDOM THINGS

Johnny Yen tagged me for the 5 questions meme a few days ago. Wanna hear them, here they go.

1. If you could be there to change just one event in history, what would it be?
This is a pretty hard question. I mean history is a really long time. I don’t want to change anything too far back because the repercussions that would ensue could be catastrophic and I tend to like my life. I’ll go back and fix that mess in Florida. I have a feeling that things would be a lot better now if I did. I also think that my life would be the same enough that I wouldn't be messing with too much cosmic stuff.

2. If you could be any actor or actress who ever lived, who would it be, and why?
Without a doubt or a moment of hesitation I would be Audrey Hepburn. She is beautiful, funny, classy, and has roles that look incredibly fun to play. How much would I like tobe Eliza Doolittle? A lot.

3. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon show?
Voltron: Defender of the Universe. Voltron was the unsung hero of the 1980s Saturday morning cartoons. He was relatively busted and the shows were pretty repetitive. Most people liked Transformers or Thundercats. I liked them too but not as much as Voltron, he was my hero. I was Voltron one year for Halloween and Princess Alura (she manned the blue lion after this one guy died) the next (or maybe it was the other way around). I had all types of Voltron toys and most of them are still around.

4. Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Beatles hands down. I don’t know a lot of the Rolling Stones catalogue, just their big songs and a few others here and there. I’m okay with that. I know a lot of the Beatles catalogue and I am glad that I do.

5. If you could be any fictional literary figure ever, who would it be?
The Little Prince because every time people would read about me they would laugh hysterically, learn something, and be brought to tears. I would be loved by children and adults all around the world. It sounds nice.

I am not tagging anyone but if someone wants to answer five random questions I will ask them of you.

Yesterday Monica came over to watch Top Chef. We were all about it. It wasn’t on. We were confused. Tony, who doesn’t watch the show, looked at us like we were crazy and said, “Doesn’t that come on Wednesdays?” Crap. It was Tuesday. We watched Flight of the Concords and Rick and Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in the World instead. It was still fun.

From a day when all songs wre guessed to a day when none were. Come on, people, there are some easy ones in there.

1. What if the show didn’t go on/ What if we all got jobs and got to bed before dawn/ What if Old Joe had to retire/ What if all the stagehands were let go or fired.

2. I do it for the joy it brings/ cause I am a joy-ful girl/ cause the world owes me nothing/ And we owe each other the world. Joyful Girl, Ani DoFranco. Identified by Brooke.

3. All the world just stops now/ so you say you don’t want to stay together anymore/ let me take a deep breath babe/ If you need me, me and Neil will be hanging out with the Dream King. Tear In Your Hand, the best Tori Amos song ever. Identified by Brooke.

4. You’ve taken the fun/ Out of everything/ Making me run/ When I don’t want to think

5. Every night/ Out for love/ Get my strength from the man above/ God of pistol/ God of steel/ God is here behind my wheel

15 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

No guesses on the songs because you are way out of my era. I loved your answers to the five questions. They were thoughtful and kind.

Unknown said...

ask me!

Danielle said...

And number 3 would be "Little Earthquakes" by Tori Amos.

Your answer on changing Florida! You got an Amen from me sister.

I would take the beatles over the rolling stones any day.

I'll take on five random questions.

As always....

Anonymous said...

I'm not very good at this game...

1. Can it be an event that encompassed many years? I'd go for abolishing the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Next, eliminating the Third Reich and the Holocaust. But fixing that mess in Florida is also very worthy. (Argh, there are just too many. Saving Martin Luther King's life? Malcolm X's? Bobby Kennedy's? Jack Kennedy's? Paul Wellstone's? Jimi Hendrix's? Jim Henson's?)

2. I'd go with the other Hepburn: Katharine. Classy, sassy, funny, and smart, and also incredibly fun roles.

3. I just found a piece of a small Voltron in the basement! My cartoon would have to be Mighty Mouse. I don't think Astro Boy was on Sat. mornings. But if it was, then Astro Boy.

4. I cannot choose. I'm sorry. Must have both.

5. Argh. Too hard. Maybe later.

Anonymous said...

3. Joyful Girl - Ani.

4. Tear in Your Hand - Tori. Maybe her best song ever.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant 2 and 3. You know. Whatever.

Katrina said...

I didn't get to watch Saturday morning cartoons. I was very busy with my paper route. I didn't get home from delivering them, collecting money and paying the money to the office until close to noon. Man, I guess I was deprived. But in my early 20's I'd have to say it was The X-Men. Love me some Rogue!

I'll take 5 random questions, I need something to write about and that'll work just fine!

notfearingchange said...

Natalie to your point one...you truly are thoughtful.

lakeiyam said...

I'd so be Audrey Hepburn too. I never really wanted to be someone else but the first time I saw "Breakfast at Tiffany's," I thought, "I want to be the black Audrey Hepburn". She was pretty fabulous.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

I just posted, then came here to read... saw your #2... I think you'll want to pay a visit to my blog today :)

CrazySpanishGirl said...

totally agree with changing the mess in Florida. The whole world should agree!

Foofa said...

Jamie- Thanks. I wasn't even trying to be.

Dave- I most certainly will

Danielle- Wright album, wrong song. Your questions will arrive shortly. For me Beatles vs. Stones just isn't really a question.

Mom- I though about the slave trade and the Holocaust but then I think that if the slave trade never happened America wouldn't be as diverse and I probably wouldn't exist. The Holocaust doesn't effect me as directly but I can imagine the world events that would change as a result could be problematic. I'd probably save Jim Henson though.

Brooke- It is totally her best song. I love it so much and I want to hug it all the time.

Katrina- That was a good show. I was a Gambit girl!

Notfearing- I saw The Butterfly Effect. I know what can happen when you try and do good.

Lakeiya- You would be a good Black Audrey Hepubrn.

WLFG- Great post! I totally agree.

CSG- I think the whole world would be a better place if that were changed.

Traveling Matt said...

Transformers and Thundercats weren't saturday morning cartoons. they were weekday afternoon ones :)

I'm w/ mom. I totally prefer Kate Hepburn but I'm one of the people who isn't enamored of Audrey. see you in a few!

Foofa said...

Monica- That is so very true. My tummy is so very full.

Anonymous said...

If I could be any character, I would be Fuck Hinn cos he splet sht however he wanteded and did what ever he wanteded livin' on the miisiisippe, kickin' bck & chewing chaw toe-back.

Overalled, buckteeth-ed,

-Ralph the swimming pig.