Today is an interesting day. I am sitting in the Customer Service class watching Cassandra teach it. No one but me has ever taught the class before. It is strange seeing the course that I created being taught in a style that is different than mine. I think she is doing a fantastic job but sometimes I have to hold myself back as far as adding things on. Unless I feel they are really important, then I certainly will speak up. Yesterday she told me that teaching while I was in the room was like being a cover band playing for the group that they always cover. I found it to be an interesting analogy.
Yesterday was my going away celebration. It was pretty nice but seemed to focus a lot on the Christmas party last year. I truly have learned my lesson when it comes to that sort of thing. The other common topic was people not believing I was really leaving as I had left once before and came back after three months. I guess after five years, less those three months of course, I had expected a little more. Maybe they just have a different sense of humor when it comes to that kind of stuff than I do. A few people said some really nice things to me though. I guess that is really what matters. I know I did good work here. I don’t need them to tell me.
Tomorrow will be a very easy day. I will finish cleaning out my desk, put an automatic reply on my email, and erase all the bookmarks and remembered things from my computer. There really isn’t much left to do. Last time when I left, even though I hadn’t planned on coming back, it wasn’t as sad. I didn’t feel as much as if a chapter of my life was closing. Of course it hasn’t always been the happiest chapter but it hasn’t been all bad by any means either. It’s just very strange.
1. Make a list little Lars never seen a star/ Put his fans behind bars/ Can’t you see mp3 means you’re stealing from me/ you should have bought a Cd
2. Daddy’s ghost behind you/ sleeping dog beside you/ You’re a point of mystery/ You’re the prayer inside me
3. Does it make you happy to ignore me on streets/ I guess by now you think I’m weak/ I wish you could have said something before now
4. So I go/ Though it hurts me so/ I'm crying/ For your love
5. Girl I must warn you/ I sense something strange in my mind/ Situation is serious/ Let's do it cause we're running out of time.