Welcome to this week's edition of Manic Monday. The word of the day is TAX. To view other Manic Monday participants check out Morgen at It's a Blog eat Blog World.
Having someone stay at your house is taxing. Even when you don’t deal with them very often it is taxing. Don’t get me wrong, if I was having some serious housing issues I would hope one of my friends would step up and let me crash for a while. However, I would realize that it wouldn’t be easy for them.
I have basically lived in my bedroom for the last five days. It isn’t that I don’t like our guest, he is a fine person, it’s just that someone being in the house is totally disruptive to our normal living arrangement. Tony and I like our privacy. We like things quiet and peaceful. We want to play our games and watch our movies and cooks meals and just relax. Our houseguest likes to listen to loud music, drink beer, and stay up late.
We like to do these things too, just not all the time. I don’t think our guest necessarily wants to do them all the time either, but that is what we always do when we hang out so it seems strange to do anything else. It is funny because there will be times when we won’t leave the bedroom for days anyway. However, because we have the option it isn’t a problem. Not that we don’t have the option to leave now. Only if we do, we have to talk to our guest.
I kind of feel we are being bad hosts. We spend a lot of time together while our guest hangs out in the living room and watches TV. Unfortunately, doing much else is too much of a tax on our comfortable living style. We can’t just sit around and watch TV in peace like we enjoy doing, we have to interact with our guest. He is a taxing person, we just can't do it. Our guest also likes to argue and isn’t always right, at all. So to avoid that mess we just stay sequestered away in our room, only emerging to handle little things here and there.
I think he is supposed to be out of our place on Friday. I really hope so. While I am handling it ok, I think Tony may lose his mind. He is having trouble sleeping while company is there and, therefore, is really tired during the day and half asleep when I get home. I think it is taxing his nerves. I just hope he can keep it together and get some rest. I can sleep through anything but he isn’t as lucky. Wish us luck.
1. I want to run/ I want to hide/ I want to tear down the walls/ That hold me inside. Jeff Roberts
2. And the moment will come/ When composure returns/ Put a face on the world/ Turn your back to the wall. Monica
3. Let me tell ya’ll what it’s like/ Being male middle class and white/ It’s a bitch if you don’t believe/ Listen up to my new Cd/ Shamon
4. She set your goldfish free/ And now she's sighing/ Blew out your pilot light/ And made a wish
5. Last night it was so good/ I felt like crying/ I felt crying/ Last night though you looked so cold/ I felt like smiling/ smiling while I'm dying