This morning everybody and their mama decided to take the red line. Thankfully, the trains ran just as well as they have been since Monday and I was still earlier than normal to work. This brings the question, how was the train slower when all tracks were open? Maybe because the CTA knows they are under close watch they are actually trying to do their jobs well and get people to work on time. What a novel concept.
Apparently coyotes are a problem in Chicago. I didn’t know this was an issue at all but one walked into a Quizno’s about four blocks from my office during the lunch hour yeaterday. That suddenly becomes an issue. This seems like the last area a coyote would be. I mean I know Millennium Park is right there but a coyote? Apparently it didn’t bother anyone, just chilled until the animal control people came to pick it up. They said they get a lot of coyotes this time of year. Who knew?
I had nothing to say today and then, while reading blogs, noticed CSG had tagged me with an alphabet meme. Then I realized I did this meme in January and that maybe I should come up with something else. I did. While watching On Demand music videos the other day I noticed this gem. It is Go Go Gadget Gospel, by Gnarls Barkley. This dynamic duo is awesome when it comes to videos. The Rorschach test video for Crazy had me mesmerized. Then the Gone Daddy Gone video with the band as disgusting bugs getting real intimate with the lady of the house had me in hysterics. Putting themselves in historic moments in Smiley Faces was also awesome and my description doesn't do it justice. Needless to say, I was excited for this video. When it started I was a little surprised, it looked just like a normal rap video. Then, the wonderful happened. I won’t spoil it for you, just watch and see for yourself. My only problem with it is the song, as great as it is, is so short. Which, I suppose, may make this video more interesting to those of you with little time.
1. What happened to/ The world we knew/ When we were dreaming, scheming/ Whiling the time away.
2. Megan/ She don’t eat bacon/ She never killed a sweet innocent little piggy to get bacon.
3. It's a hard world to get a break in/ All the good things have been taken/ But girl there are ways/ To make certain things pay. It's My Life, The Animals. Identified by Johnny Yen
4. Riding round town with all the windows down/ 8-track playing all your favorite sounds. Summer, War. Identified by Johnny Yen
5. I kept the right ones out/ And let the wrong ones in/ Had an angel of mercy to see me though all my sins. Amazing, Aerosmith. Identified by Monica