My issue of Money arrived today. I don’t know why but I am very excited about receiving it. I haven’t had a regular subscription to a magazine since the days of Cricket and Ranger Rick. Man, were those ever good magazines. I kind of wish I still got Cricket but I think I might be a little mature for Ranger Rick. Then again, animals are pretty awesome. Regardless, my magazine came and I can’t wait to read it.
The April issue of Money is filled with exciting articles like How to Pay Zero Taxes, Smart Moves in a Mean Economy, and Steer Clear of the New Gold Rush. Only a year ago I would have not even thought about reading a magazine like this but, now that it is my job, I can’t wait to go through this thing cover to cover. I’m certainly not the pinnacle of financial knowledge but being good at my job is important to me and I like learning. I’m actually going to start working on my certification to become a financial planner during the summer quarter. Who would have thunk it? I’m a firm believer in teaching what I do and I know I have some work to do in order to get my financial house in ideal shape but knowing how to do that is important.
Oh, potentially important news for people is this FICO ’08 thing that the credit bureaus are rolling out. It won’t make huge changes for most people but the big thing is that if anyone is/has an authorized user on a credit account that information will no longer factor into the authorized users credit history. Many people add family to their cards to bring up bad credit or create non-existent credit. Once this plan is actually implemented, that "piggybacked" credit information will drop off reports. Seems some people with good credit have essentially renting their credit out and people with bad scores are paying to be added as authorized users to help them improve their score. Apparently privacy laws make it impossible to tell who is family and who is a scammer so all authorized users are going to lose the benefit. Joint users, however will have see no change. This is a big thing for a lot of the students I work with who are authorized users on their parent’s cards.
On another topic, my iPod has gone crazy and has started to play albums out of order. It doesn’t always bother me but I certainly won’t be listening to Dark Side of the Moon anytime soon.
1. You had all of them on your side/ Didn’t you/ Didn’t you/ You believed in all your lies/ Didn’t you/ Didn’t you
2. I’m in a crisis/ I need help/ Come on mood shift/ Shift back to good again. Heimsdalsgate Like a Promethian Curse, Of Montreal. Identified by Monica
3. Rose/ I’m feeling older/ I was lucky/ Like a four leaf clover. Razzle Dazzle Rose, Camera Obscura. Identified by Janna
4. I am just a poor boy/ Though my story’s seldom told/ I have squandered my resistance/ For a pocket full of mumbles/Such are promises. The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkle. Identified by Chatty Knitter
5. 50 years they’ve been married/ They can’t wait for their 51st to roll around/ Yeah, roll around. 51st Anniversary, Jimi Hendrix. Identified by Jamie