Friday, September 15, 2006

A RANDOM FRIDAY POST

So I totally ignored Project Runway yesterday, bad bad Natalie. It was so nice to watch with Monica instead of sending a ridiculous number of text messages and calling each other every commercial break. I very much was looking forward to a Project Runway pie next week but then was thwarted because the stupid show won’t be on again until the 27th. I don’t know what they are trying to do to people. Don’t they know we need our fix? As much as I hate Laura, she deserved her win very much. Dresses on that episode were not cute. Hers was adorable. It fit a little oddly in the stomach area but I’ll let that go. Maybe I am making it up. Having Vincent and Angela back on the show was a total and complete mess. I think they made the most awful things they could have possibly made. It was nice to se Vincent and his bogus ways again though. Seeing Kayne go was not a happy moment. It was a moment that I knew was coming and had to come but I did like that guy. He seemed like such a nice boy. In two weeks I am guessing Laura will be out of there. It could be Uli though. Michael will win simply because they will not let Jeffrey win. Michael deserves it though. I’m not saying he doesn’t. He is my favorite!

I read on Damien’s blog that some bus driver in Louisiana assigned the black children to seats in the back of the bus. Not only that but all nine black students in two seats. The little ones were made to sit on laps. That is so racist that I laughed for hours. I deal with racism by laughing because there is really little else that I can do. I also heard a story that one of my-coworkers was asked if the college she went to was a “school for coloreds.” Who says coloreds in 2006? Apparently old white security guards at the city courts that’s who.

To wrap up this insane day I will leave you with this thought. There is a Mexican restaurant in Milwaukee called Nacho Mama and, in this restaurant, there is a little person who wears a wooden sombrero with chips and salsa. Apparently you just take a dip as the guy walks by. Or, as another co-worker mentioned, you just follow him around the restaurant snacking. This gave me a wonderful picture of hilarity. I almost want to go to Milwaukee. But I don’t.

And now, for the reveling of the unguessed songs, I’m sure you are drooling with anticipation.

1. A flask I drink of sober tea while relay cameras monitor me. There was no way anyone was ever going to guess this song. While I was sure I knew what it was it took me forever to actually find it out. It is Group Four by Massive Attack.

2. Standing like John Wayne she is full frame she is center stage. There are some people out there who could guess this song but it wasn’t easy. It is If It Isn’t Her by Ani DiFranco

3. Your Flesh Finds Me Out. Teases the crack in me. Smittens me with hope. I kind of thought this one was easier than it appeared to be. It is Possibly Maybe by Bjork.

4. Has he lost his mind? Can he see or is he blind? Can he walk at all or if he moves will he fall. This one, although it hasn’t been up long is the easiest song ever and I am shocked that it remained blank. It is Iron Man by Black Sabbath. Oh, it didn't remain blank. Jaclyn identified it. I just didn't see her comment until after I posted this. One may assume that she cheated but she didn't. She certainly knows this song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coloreds? What's next, the term "darkies"? You're right, it's 2006, not 1955. Oh. Wait. Some folks would love to be back in 1955. In fact, what scares me is that a lot of this so-called values stuff is a smokescreen for wanting to go back to an illusory 1950s world, with Eisenhower, aprons in the kitchen, the back of the bus, and fightin' dem commmunists. I don't have to tellya what side of the political spectrum these folks tend to be. Whew. Yeah, as you said,
Laugh. Or....
Else.

ENID P. said...

I liked Jeffrey's collection the best...then Laura's, and then Uli and then Michael... I love Michael but he disappointed me on the runway....
Uli is going to get kicked off next, b/c she always does the same thing.

ENID P.

Foofa said...

enid, you hate jeffrey I am so amazed. His collection was awesome though. Wasn't Michael's collection a big letdown? Too bad.