I somehow managed to drag my ass to work today after miraculously waking up a mere second before the alarm 3 times. I am not the drinker I once was so the three glasses of wine I drank in celebration kind of gave me a bit of a hangover type feeling. And I have cramps (sorry for that extra information but the description of how I am feeling right now wouldn't be complete without it). I just zoned out there for a good 30 seconds. Anyway what I am trying to say is that I do not feel like a member of the all-new Cool Club, of which I am in fact the secretary/treasurer. It may seem odd that I am the secretary/treasurer of this club and not the president since I made it up but there is a good reason. I am not cool enough.
So who is the president of this Cool Club? Well it was actually a bit of a hard decision. I picked Tony. Is he cool? No. But out of the people I know I decided he was the one who can best communicate with people from various backgrounds and has no problem talking to different people so he gets to be in charge. Maybe I was having a bit of a "True Romance" moment, "you're so cool, you're so cool". Tony did not feel he deserved this title and told me that Monica would be a better cool club president. In some ways he is right. She is a pretty cool lady. Unfortunately, as I told her last night, she is too much of a snob to be president of the cool club. I don't mean snob in a bad way though. I love Monica. I just think there are some people she wouldn't talk to that Tony would talk to. Either way, they are both cooler than me. Will actually wanted to be in the cool club. That floored me. Since he asked he can be in the club. But he can't hold any office. Anyone asking to be in a cool club full of nerds is not cool enough to hold office.
On a somewhat depressing note, Feedback is the new Superhero. I think he is really boring. He truly does want to be a superhero more than anything else in the world though so good for him.
Instead of the shuffle game today I am going to borrow from fyrchk who I don't know at all but happened upon her blog from much random searching and saw her iPod game. It lists the first lines from 25 random songs. Since my posts are already far too long I will opt for 10 random songs. People can then post comments identifying what these songs are. Fun huh? Oh I am not including songs that I couldn’t identify because I don't want to have to think about any answers and that will make it easier for everyone. Oh, and maybe I don’t understand some lyrics, if you feel the need to correct me please feel free. When the songs have been guessd I will edit the post and say who got them. Partial correct guesses don't count. Let's play.
1. The boy done wrong again. Hang your head in shame and cry your life away.
2. I can't stand it I know you planned it I'm gonna set it straight this Watergate.
3. There is freedom within there is freedom without. Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup. -Don't Dream it's Over, Crowded House. Identified by Lucy
4. I like to dream yes yes right between the sound machine. - Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf. Identified by My Mom
5. She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak.- Heart Shaped Box, Nirvana. Identified by Lucy
6. Sometimes I can see for miles. Through water and fire. From England to America.- Beautiful Feeling, PJ Harvey. Identified by Lizza
7. A flask I drink of sober tea while relay cameras monitor me
8. Following the shadows of the skies. Or are they only figments of my eyes.- Sea Of Joy, Blind Faith. Identified by Mom
9. Give me one more chance and you'll be satisfied. Give me two more chances you won't be denied.-Even Better Than The Real Thing, U2. Identified by J
10. You're gonna break another heart you're gonna tell another lie.
Ok Lady I love you bye-bye