Monday, January 21, 2008

I REALLY THOUGHT I HAD A POST IN THERE

Since Thursday I have had about a million ideas for a blog post. Sadly, none of them can be remembered currently. So it goes.

I do remember that my record of not falling down has been broken. There was a time when I used to fall down rather often. I don’t know why I was such a clumsy goof but I was always tripping over something. In the past five years or so, maybe more, I have actually regained my balance. It has all been for naught. I went down. I was walking home from work on Friday and there was a light dusting of snow over everything. It also happened to be extremely icy. I slipped and there was no hope of recovery. I was so disappointed in myself.

This weekend was unbelievably cold. I vowed that I wouldn’t leave the house because I was not ready to deal with the cold. I stayed true to my word. The weekend was awesome. On Saturday I spent the large majority of the day under a blanket doing crossword puzzles while Tony played Resistance Fall of Man. Sunday I watched the rest of my old Figure Skating DVDs and Tony and I watched Empire and Jedi. I got out my Jedi figures (many of which have mysteriously disappeared over the years) and acted out many scenes from Jedi (with hilarious embellishment) as the movie played. Yes, I realize this is the dorkiest thing ever to do but it was really funny at the time. Tony had wanted to see all the toys and once they were out I had to do something with them. I miss when my speeder bikes exploded at the push of a button. Now they just kind of flop apart. I thought I had many more old school figures than I appear to have. Many are the next gen figures that I have somehow come into possession of. I wonder what happened to my original Lando at Jaba's figure? He had that awesome helmet and everything. He was super cool. Now I just have the new version. I bet Eric stole them. What a dick (I don’t really think he did but I wouldn’t be at all surprised).

1. When the Witch Doctor Life/ throws his silent bones/ some are crowned kings/ while others lose their thrones

2. My old man he’s a singer in the park/ He’s a walker in the rain/ He’s a dancer in the dark. My Old Man, Joni Mitchell. Identified by Mom.

3. It was a clear black night/ a clear white moon/ Warren g was on the streets trying to

4. You sure you want to be with me/ I’ve nothing to give/ Won’t lie and say this lovings best

5. I ain't happy/ I'm feeling glad/ I got sunshine/ in a bag. Clint Eastwood. Gorillaz. Identified by Monica

10 comments:

Traveling Matt said...

#5 made me laugh so hard to read... Clint Eastwood by the Gorillaz.

You really tink Eric stole those things? I bet he didn't. Not cuz we're friends now but because I just don't think he did. You know what he stole was my Daily Show jacket.

Katrina said...

Unfortunately I had to go out in that ridiculous weather both days. I went in to work for the morning on Saturday. On my way in at 8am it was -4 and my way home at noon it was 2. But at least on Sunday I only ran to Chili's to pick up the food since we didn't want to order from any place that delivered. What was wrong with us? Geesh!

HD would've played right along with you. Apparently he used to have quite the collection of Star Wars figures but his sister supposedly destroyed most of them and his mom sold the rest in garage sales over the years. By the time I met him in '95 he didn't have any left. Poor boy, he lements about it every now and again.

Foofa said...

Monica- No I don't really think he did but I still wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I do think he stole some of my CDs and a movie or two though. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

Katrina- Tony went out but he wanted things that I didn't care about so there was no way that he was getting me to go anywhere. I bet there are some hidden in various places at my parent's house.

Urban Chick said...

that sounds like a cool way to watch jedi...particularly on a cold day

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine there are any of your Star Wars figures here, but you never know. Last I knew, your collection was overflowing that green bag that had been my Nana's.

Sounds like a fun weekend for sure.

I don't know why it took me so long to recognize this, but...

#2: My Old Man by Joni Mitchell

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh.

:)

Foofa said...

Urban Chick- You somehow always seem to find my extreme dorkness to be slightly cool and I love you for it.

Mom- Yeah they aren't in the green bag anymore but they were. Oh well, so it goes.

Chatty Knitter- Glad to oblige.

Christopher Chambers said...

Inane and off-subject but true: your Lando at Jabba action figure comment sparked this memory. when I was at the Justice Dept in DC ten years ago, we had two lawyers, one black, one Hispanic, nicknamed "Lando" and "Jabba." They knew their names; Jabba loved his and said he'd love to get some auto-erotic chain strangling from a skinny white girl in a harem slave bikini any time.

Life is stranger than the movies...

dmarks said...

"I got out my Jedi figures (many of which have mysteriously disappeared over the years) and acted out many scenes from Jedi (with hilarious embellishment) as the movie played"

That's the kind of thing Youtube fame is made of.

kim said...

I want to be under the blanket with a Jedi Figure. I think I will go in Boy Yen's room and get his Darth Vader mask and make Mr. Yen wear it!!!