Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE

Danielle tagged me for another Music Meme and, although I did it on Myspace a while back, I never did it on the blog. The first one is lost forever so here is a new version.

If your life were a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

Here's how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. new question-- press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

opening credits: ”Venus, the Bringer of Peace” Holst from The Planets Symphony. I am wishing that Mars had come on instead because it is the coolest but this is really nice as well. It’s very calm and I can just see the shot panning over flowers and oceans ad nature and settling on my oh so adorable face.

waking up:"Fortunate Son”, CCR. What a way to jar you back to action after those serene opening credits. This movie must be all about me bucking the establishment. I will say I woke up in college.

first day at school:"Raindrops" Lee “Scratch” Perry. I better have been in college. No Kindergartener should be grooving to Lee Perry.

falling in love: "Improperly Dressed" The Slits. This is actually pretty fitting. “Things can get uncomfortable on tube trains late at night” Not that I fell in love on the train but Friend knows what I am talking about.

breaking up: "Edith and the Kingpin" Joni Mitchell. Well this is all about leaving a husband so I guess it makes sense.

prom (let’s call it the Coming Out Dance): "K.I.M" EPMD. It really doesn’t matter what plays at the Coming Out Dance, this has a beat so it will work fine.

life's okay: "Vogue” Madonna. Pretty much sums up a fine life.

mental breakdown: "Bad Mouth" Fugazi. I could easily have a mental breakdown if asked to listen to Fugazi too often. Bad Mouth by PJ Harvey would have made more sense.

driving: "The Empty” Le Tigre. This is a lot heavier than my typical driving music. I think this would do better driving in Jaclyn’s “hell car”. Not that it was actually playing in her car, but it gives me the same “hell car” feeling.

flashback: "Everything She Wants" Wham. Yeah that would be a flashback.

getting back together: "Razorblade Scratching" Q-Bert. Apparently I am making up at a rave.

wedding: "Just Like Heaven" The Cure. How cute is that?

birth of child: "Alpha Beta Gaga" Air. Maybe if I concentrate on the soothing nature of Air’s whistling I won’t die from the pain.

final battle: "Divine Object of Hatred" Henry Rollins. Good title, my battles are never this hardcore though. They tend to be more bumbling.

death scene: "Cage and Aquarium" They Might Be Giants. Apparently I overdosed.

funeral song: ”Out of Habit” Ani DiFranco. I don’t know how I feel about this, not too good.

end credits: "Ebony Eyes" Stevie Wonder. I am that girl, yes I am.

I have a strange feeling that the original from myspace was much better. Oh well. It is lost forever in a sea of bulletins. Just know it was better than this. I'm pretty sure my funeral song was "Lick Myslf" by Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog. Back to the first liners.

1. It’s raining/ It’s raining/ There’s nothing you can do/ It doesn’t only rain on you/ But you’re acting all upset/ like you’re the only one that’s wet.

2. Darling I/ I can’t explain/ Where did we lose our way/ Girl it’s driving me insane. On Bended Knee, Boyz2Men. Identified by Janna

3. On the corner/ We talk away/ Everybody's older these days/ I'll just hit the reset button on this game.

4. Friends say it fine/ Friends say its good/ Everybody says it's just like Robin Hood. 20th Century Boy, Placebo (this version). Identified by Monica and Janna

5. I'm trying to tell you something bout my life/ Maybe give me insight between black and white. Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls. Identified by Jaclyn

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha! Yeah, I know what you're talking about. What a night. Damn fools we were.

This movie almost makes sense. Your previous one was much funnier, although I don't remember any of it other than Lick Myself. I think the final battle song was real funny too.

Danielle said...

Thanks for playing Natalie. I just have to say Damn you song number 2. It is so stupid that those lyrics are haunting me but I can't stand not knowing something I know.
I love that song from the cure, now wham is a flashback for sure. Now my kindergartener knows Jimi Hendrix, that's a good thing right, I say it is. I should send you some band aids cause I bit you pretty hard with the random lyrics, but all I can say in my defense is that I am a fan!
Keep having fun!

Traveling Matt said...

4. 20th Century Boy by T-Rex although I bet this one that you have is from the Velvet Goldmine Soundtrack so it is by Placebo. Damn, that is one awesome soundtrack

Janna said...

Alas, I have no I-Pod or anything even remotely similar. Must now return to cave to make fire.

P.S. 20th Century Boy, Drain STH?

Janna said...

Just in case I got #4 wrong, lemme try another:

#2: On Bended Knee, by Boys 2 Men?

dmarks said...

Thanks for visiting my Throwaway blog! I'll drop by yours as well.

I so love Holst' "The Planets". Sad to say I've not heard/heard of any of the other songs you list tho!

Foofa said...

Brooke- Damn funny fools that had good times though. It does almost make sense but I prefer funny.

Danielle- Knowing Jimi is a very good thing I have known Jimi for a long time. Lee Perry just is a little too, how do I want to put this, random for the little ones in my opinion.

Monica- I have both versions on the iPod but this one did happen to be Placebo, you know me well.

Janna- Good call on both songs. Can you really make fine from wood and stuff? That is very impressive.

Dmarks- Are you really someone who has never heard Madonna's Vogue? Even if it isn't a favorite (and it probably shouldn't be) I thought it had fully saturated the world.

Jaclyn- You guessed right and, yes, I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

D'oh. I have heard "Vogue". Sorry, missed that one.

Dan said...

Wow! You have some eclectic musical tastes! Good for you!

Le Tigre! Henry Rollins (I met him)! TMGB (I met them too! Really! In London) on one end. Stevie Wonder and CCR on the other. I love your tastes.