Danielle tagged me for another Music Meme and, although I did it on Myspace a while back, I never did it on the blog. The first one is lost forever so here is a new version.
If your life were a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
Here's how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. new question-- press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool
opening credits: ”Venus, the Bringer of Peace” Holst from The Planets Symphony. I am wishing that Mars had come on instead because it is the coolest but this is really nice as well. It’s very calm and I can just see the shot panning over flowers and oceans ad nature and settling on my oh so adorable face.
waking up:"Fortunate Son”, CCR. What a way to jar you back to action after those serene opening credits. This movie must be all about me bucking the establishment. I will say I woke up in college.
first day at school:"Raindrops" Lee “Scratch” Perry. I better have been in college. No Kindergartener should be grooving to Lee Perry.
falling in love: "Improperly Dressed" The Slits. This is actually pretty fitting. “Things can get uncomfortable on tube trains late at night” Not that I fell in love on the train but Friend knows what I am talking about.
breaking up: "Edith and the Kingpin" Joni Mitchell. Well this is all about leaving a husband so I guess it makes sense.
prom (let’s call it the Coming Out Dance): "K.I.M" EPMD. It really doesn’t matter what plays at the Coming Out Dance, this has a beat so it will work fine.
life's okay: "Vogue” Madonna. Pretty much sums up a fine life.
mental breakdown: "Bad Mouth" Fugazi. I could easily have a mental breakdown if asked to listen to Fugazi too often. Bad Mouth by PJ Harvey would have made more sense.
driving: "The Empty” Le Tigre. This is a lot heavier than my typical driving music. I think this would do better driving in Jaclyn’s “hell car”. Not that it was actually playing in her car, but it gives me the same “hell car” feeling.
flashback: "Everything She Wants" Wham. Yeah that would be a flashback.
getting back together: "Razorblade Scratching" Q-Bert. Apparently I am making up at a rave.
wedding: "Just Like Heaven" The Cure. How cute is that?
birth of child: "Alpha Beta Gaga" Air. Maybe if I concentrate on the soothing nature of Air’s whistling I won’t die from the pain.
final battle: "Divine Object of Hatred" Henry Rollins. Good title, my battles are never this hardcore though. They tend to be more bumbling.
death scene: "Cage and Aquarium" They Might Be Giants. Apparently I overdosed.
funeral song: ”Out of Habit” Ani DiFranco. I don’t know how I feel about this, not too good.
end credits: "Ebony Eyes" Stevie Wonder. I am that girl, yes I am.
I have a strange feeling that the original from myspace was much better. Oh well. It is lost forever in a sea of bulletins. Just know it was better than this. I'm pretty sure my funeral song was "Lick Myslf" by Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog. Back to the first liners.
1. It’s raining/ It’s raining/ There’s nothing you can do/ It doesn’t only rain on you/ But you’re acting all upset/ like you’re the only one that’s wet.
2. Darling I/ I can’t explain/ Where did we lose our way/ Girl it’s driving me insane. On Bended Knee, Boyz2Men. Identified by Janna
3. On the corner/ We talk away/ Everybody's older these days/ I'll just hit the reset button on this game.
4. Friends say it fine/ Friends say its good/ Everybody says it's just like Robin Hood. 20th Century Boy, Placebo (this version). Identified by Monica and Janna
5. I'm trying to tell you something bout my life/ Maybe give me insight between black and white. Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls. Identified by Jaclyn